Posted on Leave a comment

I have no time for men–Sonakshi

It has been just a few months when Bollywood beauty Sonakshi Sinha was going gaga over newbie Ranveer Singh on a popular talk show. However, now buzz has it that the actress has asked the actor to stay tight-lipped about their friendship.
Sonakshi Sinha
Ranveer Singh

Sonakshi behind Ranveer and Anushka’s split?
Speculations have been rife about the budding friendship between Sonakshi and Ranveer following the actor’s split from Anuskha Sharma.
Rumour mills claimed that Sonakshi’s close proximity with Ranveer triggered the split between him and his ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ co-star.
It can be recalled that both the newcomers have been quite candid about their liking for each other in the past, but things surely seem to have taken a different turn lately.
According to reports, the 26-year-old actor has been strictly instructed by Sonakshi to avoid discussing about their ‘friendship’ with media.
However, the outspoken Ranveer failed to remain tight-lipped and referred to the ‘Dabangg’ star as a ‘good friend’ in a recent interview.
This supposedly left Sonakshi upset and since then the Bollywood hottie has been reticent when it comes to talking about the hunk.
A close source revealed, “Ask Ranveer anything, and he’ll talk. He loves to be candid. This habit of his landed him trouble numerous times. This time, it’s Sonakshi who’s upset with him for speaking of her as being his good friend. She has told him to maintain a strict confidentiality about each other.”
I have no time for men–Sonakshi
Meanwhile, in a recent interview, when quizzed about Ranveer, Sonakshi seemed to be quite taciturn while talking about the actor.
“I have met him very few times at award functions and we have done a photo shoot together. That’s about it,” said the Bollywood beauty.
On being told that Ranveer is single now and the road might be clear for her, Sonakshi firmly added, “I don’t want any roads to be cleared. I am single by choice. I really have no time for men.”

Posted on Leave a comment

Big B signs Hollywood movie

MUMBAI — Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan will appear in his first Hollywood film alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in a new adaptation of classic novel “The Great Gatsby”, according to Warner Bros. Pictures.

The 68-year-old star of 1970s hits “Sholay” (Sparks) and “Deewaar” (Wall) joins DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan in Australian director Baz Luhrmann’s version of the 1925 novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Warner Bros. said in a statement from California on Tuesday that shooting started this week and Bachchan will play Meyer Wolfsheim, a shadowy organised crime figure who helps the mysterious millionaire Jay Gatsby make his money.
Bachchan was in Australia last month, where most of the filming will take place, but he did not disclose on his daily blog whether the trip was to finalise his appearance.
Instead, he wrote cryptically on August 29 as he was about to return to India: “Time has been spent well and hopefully judiciously. Days ahead will tell us whether it was fruitful or not.”
The “Big B”, who has a fanatical following in India and among fans of Hindi-language cinema abroad, has starred in some 150 Bollywood films. In 2008, he released his first English-language film, “The Last Lear”.
Maguire, star of the “Spider-Man” franchise, plays Nick Carraway, the would-be writer and narrator of the novel, who comes to New York from the US Midwest in 1922 to make his fortune.

DiCaprio plays the lead role of Jay Gatsby, while Britain’s Mulligan plays his lover, Carraway’s cousin, Daisy Buchanan.
The film is being made on a $150 million budget and due for release next year, according to the imdb.com website.
“The Great Gatsby” has been adapted for cinema four times previously, including in 1974 with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow.
Luhrmann, a fan of Bachchan who has said that Bollywood’s trademark song and dance routines influenced his Oscar-nominated “Moulin Rouge”, described Fitzgerald as “a passionate believer in the power of cinema”.

“The vision and the goal of our remarkable cast and creatives is to do justice to the deftness of Fitzgerald’s telling, and illuminate its big ideas and humanity.”

Posted on Leave a comment

Bollywood Tweets against the Delhi Blast

The bomb blast inside the Delhi High Court complex in New Delhi this morning has saddened and shocked us all. Most in B-town used Twitter and other social networking sites to express their anger against the heinous act and condolences for the victims. One of the most vocal celebs on the micro-blogging site, Shekhar Kapur tweeted, “Now watch as politicians swoop down like vultures 2 make political capital of the dead n injured.” Minissha Lamba expressed her anger with: “Govt showed great preventative action in stopping Anna Hazare.
Y can’t these same resources b used 4 preventative action against terrorism?” Music composer Vishal Dadlani posted, “Also God bless our politicians with the good sense to value our lives. Is it me, or does nothing change, no matter how often we’re attacked?” A shocked Tusshar Kapoor exclaimed, “Just heard about the Delhi Blasts, really shocked and sad that such incidents are continuing to happen in India!!!” Ameesha Patel expressed her concern: “Loss of innocent lives n injuries. loss of money n reputation 2 our country. Govt doesn’t care cos they know citizens hav no option but to.” Expressing his condolences, Riteish Deshmukh tweeted, “Prayers for the families and loved ones of the delhi blast victims- why aren’t we running out of patience.”
His rumoured flame Genelia D’souza said, “Jst heard bout d delhi bomb blast,terribly disturbin n sad,, thoughts n prayers 2 innocent victims n der families.” Shahid Kapoor, whose film Mausam’s music success party was cancelled today posted, “Sad sad sad. Unacceptable. terrorists are the worst of all living things …….
We need to deal with them extremely strongly.” His Mausam co-star Sonam Kapoor tweeted that “Ppl who spread terror are the scum of the earth.” Karan Johar avoided jingoism and simply said, “Thoughts and prayers for the families and loved ones of the delhi blast victims…” Anupam Kher made the most loaded statement, saying, “Wake up Mr. Home Minister. Please protect the citizens of this country. Innocent and ordinary lives are equally important.” Wethinks that serious measures should be taken to curb this menace so that we can peacefully enjoy our movies.